Today’s post will be all about my nomination from Erica over at GrandFashLife, for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’m grateful for the nomination and it’s heartwarming to see the appreciation that Melanin Talks has been receiving from the blogging community within the past few months. It’s more than what I could’ve asked for, especially since everyone that I’ve come across deserve the recognition and more!
GrandFashLife is a true trooper when it comes to interacting with other bloggers on social media and not to mention a lovely individual. On her blog she shares her interests through fashion, beauty and lifestyle posts. Her link for a read and follow is grandfashlife.com.
How it all began:
Melanin Talks came to exist at the beginning of this year, but wasn’t something that I was truly invested/interested in till approx 3 months ago. Truth be told, I needed something to keep myself busy and I noticed that blogging could be an outlet for me to use my time better. Months later I realised that I became to use it as a space where I could share about things that I was passionate about (both new and old) and get to know more people of those similar interests. More than anything I wanted to share it despite the reactions I may or may not even get. During this time, I’ve connected with different people, whilst reading new posts from bloggers around the world.
Advice to new bloggers:
My advice to any new bloggers are
(1) You should have fun when writing blog posts, like truly dig into what you find passionate and share it throughout your page.
(2) Secondly, I would say is be confident in yourself, you shouldn’t be afraid of branching your blog out to the public. Network with people that you wouldn’t have thought about and see what happens.
My next Blogger Recognition nominees:
Go ahead and check out my nominees blog pages. Each sharing their own unique niches through the things that they love.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post explaining how your blog got started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserves some recognition
- Comment on each blog nominating them, providing the link to the post you created