I’d like to welcome you back on yet another blog post by yours truly Melanin Talks. As the title of the post suggests, today I’ll be talking all about the Blogger Recognition Award. I have been gratefully nominated by Hunting Happiness (descantsoncivilisation.wordpress.com) for this award and I’m happy to see that my blog is welcomed by other bloggers, such as herself. I have not been continuously blogging for that long, so it makes me happy to see the impact that it has made within the short space of time. As they say, small victories in your path are just as important as the big ones you make. Be sure to check her answers here and don’t forget to hit that follow button to share some love on her page.
If you weren’t familiar, the Blogger Recognition Award is something that has been created by bloggers within the blogging community, as a way for us all to share other bloggers that we believe deserve some recognition for their hard work. Reminding us, as another blogger once shared on twitter, we’re here to collaborate not compete with one another. So let’s share the love!
How it all began:
Melanin Talks came to exist at the beginning of this year, but wasn’t something that I was wholeheartedly invested in till couple of months ago. Truth be told, I needed something to keep myself busy and I noticed that blogging could be an outlet for me to use my time better. Soon I realised that it became a space where I could share about the things I’m passionate about; for example race, books, tips on growth and some others. More than anything, I wanted to share it because they were topics I was passionate on, despite the stats reaction (something I got reminded on few weeks ago). During this time, I’ve managed to connect with new people within the blogging community and made some good friends along it too.
Advice to new bloggers:
Due to the fact that I have been nominated before, I will include some fresh, new advice for new bloggers, compared to the ones I did at the beginning of the month. You can read those here.
(1) Blog about topics that you’re passionate about rather than what your readers want you to write about. I’m saying this because once you start writing for others, your drive to write content that you actually like decreases, to the point where you probably no longer want to pick up your laptop. At the end of the day, it’s your blog so take authority over it.
(2) If you make a mistake, it is okay! Don’t feel pressured to have your blog look 100% perfect because nobody really is. It is these mistakes that help us not only grow but learn from our past. Without the little dips and falls, we wouldn’t be able to develop our blogs to the way we wish it to be.
My next Blogger Recognition nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post explaining how your blog got started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserve some recognition
- Comment on each blog nominating them, providing the link to the post you created
Thank you for reading my post and I hope you enjoyed getting a few tips from me this afternoon.
Melanin Talks x